South Africa has long been a favourite destination for holidaymakers looking for something a bit different and its reputation has been cemented since staging a successful Football World Cup in 2010.
This land of great diversity and beauty with tropical coastlines, arid deserts, exhilarating game reserves and stunning mountain scenery is famed for the hospitality of its people, who do their best to make visitors feel welcome.
For the active and the wildlife lover, there is nowhere better. Blessed with some of the most dramatic scenery you will see anywhere, a safari trek is an absolute must. Imagine the excitement of waiting to spot some of the “big five” in their natural habitats, rhinos, a pride of lions, African elephants, or a leopard.
It’s camping with a difference in the luxurious safari lodges and tents of a private safari park complete with outdoor swimming pools in Kruger National Park.
Relax on a white, sandy beach and enjoy a range of water sports or take in the cosmopolitan atmosphere of Cape Town with its vibrant city life. Take a leisurely sailing trip down the Limpopo River or visit the little known Blyde River Canyon. How about a day at one of the country’s mountain vineyards complete with lunch and wine tasting or the unashamed luxury of Sun City in the north of the country?
Tell us what you’d like to do and we’ll arrange it for you
Top Tips for a memorable South African holiday
- Stay on a private game reserve to get the best game viewing experience – there are ‘Malaria-free’ areas too!
- Don’t miss seeing the unusual sight of the Penguins at Boulder Beach in Cape Town
- Blyde River Canyon (3rd to the Grand Canyon) is one of those hidden secrets that should not be missed.
- Don’t miss the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to cuddle a purring cheetah at the Cango wildlife Ranch on the Garden Route
- Leave your safari to the end of your holiday – it will be the highlight of your trip!
See a sample itinerary in South Africa