Australia is the world’s smallest continent or alternatively its largest island and has a wildlife and environment like nowhere else on earth.
Famed for its surfing, beaches and coral reefs it is a land brimming with contrast, from the arid reds of the outback, the vibrant greens of the lush rainforest and not forgetting the never-ending glorious coastline.
The country is made up of seven incredible states, each with its own personality and must see icons from New South Wales, with its capital, Sydney, home to the iconic Sydney Opera House to the Northern Territory, home of Alice Springs and the famous Ayers Rock (also called Uluru).
In the Southern state of Victoria is the city of Melbourne, and take a trip along the Great Ocean Road, which offers spectacular views of Bass Strait and the Southern Ocean, and is a must see Australian attraction.
Off the north-east coast of the tropical northern state of Queensland is the famous Great Barrier Reef while inland there are tropical forests and national parks, such as the Staaten River National Park.
The Great Barrier Reef is the world’s largest coral reef with an abundance of marine life, larger than the Great Wall of China and the only living thing on earth visible from space. Queensland’s north-west coast has stretches of beach named the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast, which really says it all!
Tell us what you’d like to do and we’ll arrange it for you
Top Tips for a memorable Australian holiday
- A day trip on the Great Barrier Reef is a must when visiting Queensland
- Care to cuddle a koala? There are a couple of opportunities in the Sydney area and up around Brisbane
- The Great Ocean Road is spectacular, where the road hugs the side of sheer cliffs and native bushland meets the blue waters of Australia’s most spectacular coastline
- A boat trip in Sydney Harbour Bay should not be missed but the bridge climb is the ultimate Sydney experience
- Relax and enjoy the famous Oz hospitality