Set in a secluded tranquil grove of African ebony trees on the banks of the Zambezi River, sits the Tongabezi Lodge. This very unique & luxurious lodge, upstream from the mighty Victoria Falls is dominated by the view of the river which has carved its authority halfway across Africa.
Tongabezi is an ideal base to enjoy a host of activities: Take the ‘flight of the Angels’ via helicopter or micro light over the thundering mass of water at Victoria Falls; White water rafting or boogie boarding down the Zambezi rapids; Enjoy a cocktail or two on the gentle sunset boat trips plus bird watching walks, horse riding & elephant back safaris are also available.
The main thatched lodge incorporates the bar and lounge and meals (offering international cuisine) are served in the large dining room, the deck overlooking the river on your private terrace or on a floating sampan in the middle of the Zambezi.
The five houses and five cottages at Tongabezi all have private river frontage. All the accommodation has its own unique architectural features and some like the larger ‘honeymoon house’ have private bathrooms with hot and cold running water, king size teak beds, a scattering of soft leather sofas and huge outside baths lit by candlelight
Tongabezi reflects the style, excitement and mystery of the fast-fading spirit of old Africa. It is ideal for those looking for superb service, incredible views and an array of activities.
- 25 minute road transfer from Zambia’s Livingstone Airport
- 6 cottages & 5 houses all with private valet
- Intimate dining experiences
- Sunrise & sunset boat trips on the Zambezi
- Various game viewing activities
Why Choose Tongabezi for your Zambian Wedding?
Tongabezi is considered a destination worth getting married for and Victoria Falls has to be one of the world’s most spectacular locations to celebrate your wedding. After your registry ceremony at Livingstone City offices, choose a unique blessing on Livingstone Island directly overlooking Victoria Falls, at Sindabezi Island overlooking the Zambezi River and the nearby flood plain of the National Park or one of the deserted islands near Tongabezi.
The Tongabezi Wedding Package
- Minister for the ceremony including preparation and processing of all legal documents.
- Wedding ceremony at the City offices followed by a wedding blessing at the location of your choice
- Wedding planner available
- All transfers for the couple
- Wedding Cake
- Tongabezi African Choir
- Up to 14 guests at the ceremony on Livingstone Island
Package price from £2,200
Why Choose The Tongabezi Lodge for your Zambian Honeymoon?
Awarded Zambia’s Leading Safari Lodge
- Dinner on a Sanpan – a floating, candlelit, intimate, dining experience
- Visit Mukuni Park – a curio market for souvenirs from the Zambia or the rural and traditionally authentic Simonga Village
- Game Drives and guided bush walks with bird watching
- Canoe the Zambezi – get up close and personal with the fourth longest river in Africa
Enhance your honeymoon experience:
- Flight of the Angels – fly by helicopter or aircraft into the Victoria Falls*
- Elephant back safari*
- White water rafting*
- Horseback riding*
- Therapeutic massages with aromatherapy treatments*
- Lunar Rainbow* – over the Victoria Falls – we can advise you of the best time to view a Moonbow
- Combine your honeymoon with other safari lodges in Zambia or South Africa*
*An additional charge may apply please enquire.
This resort is situated on the banks of the Zambezi just upstream from the spectacular Victoria Falls. As part of your honeymoon you are invited to enjoy lunch on the idyllic, exclusive island of Sindabezi. Be sure to catch a sunrise or sunset cruise on the Zambezi river and don’t forget your camera! Why not cruise to the Victoria Falls to experience the phenomenon for yourself?
“In the final analysis, love is the only reflection of man’s worth.” – Bill Wundram