Mauritius Honeymoon & Pearl Wedding Anniversary
Wow!! what can I say about Mauritius? There re few superlatives left in the dictionary……..
14 memorable days kicked off when we stepped on board with BA – when they are good they are very good & they certainly were! We would very much like to thank you for helping us to choose Mauritius as our honeymoon & Pearl wedding anniversary holiday destination. As you know Andrew, I am fairly well travelled & therefore to find a more exclusive destination has become more difficult but you have yet again come up trumps & more! I can clearly remember discussing with you possible alternatives to Bermuda when you started up your own very successful business & you mentioning Mauritius. Beachcomer is an amazing hotel chain & we were so impressed by the rate at which they plough money back into the business, refitting their hotels on such a regular basis. Fiona & I got talking to Ricardo Pierre – a newly appointed restaurant Manager to arrange a romantic BBQ on the beach one evening – Paul & Steve were just blown away and we enjoyed a fantastic meal with own chef & waiter on hand. Anyway, thanks to Fiona’s charm & my strong backup we got on to the subject of their villas & he offered us an opportunity look round one the following day. We were just blown away by their 3 bedroom villa – just like something out of magazine! He said that we could move for a supplement & we said that we did not really want to give up our sea view so which we had become rather attached. Anyway, as we were having our meal on the beach Ricardo whispered to Fiona that after 9 days we could move to the villa for no extra charge! they really took a shine to us recognising the significance of our holiday. Suffice to say that we will be writing to Beachcomer to thank them again for their exceptional service.
What of the highlights? Where do I start?
- Enjoying the Champagne which you so kindly gave us on our sun deck with Paul & Fiona – thanks you for this!
Steve & I took a half day tour of the Northern part of the island including the capital Port Louis which we thoroughly enjoyed
- We took an early morning speed boat trip to see the dolphins – what a treat to see them in the wild with their young!
- Several Glass bottom boat trips – Fiona & Paul even saw a turtle!
- We all did an island tour which was amazing & most interesting, followed by the very special meal aforementioned on the beach
- Steve & I took a water taxi to Grand Baie & back – a very nice way to see the island & other Beachcomer hotels
- Fiona & Paul did a lot of water skiing & said that compared with their Watersports holiday to Turkey by being all inclusive they had nearly £1000 worth of extra water skiing
Thank you again Andrew for taking the time & trouble in making all our arrangements – we trust you implicitly in finding the best & then going the extra mile for us. You continue to impress us with your service. By the way I notice that Beachcomer have a hotel in The Seychelles ( a destination my father talked about – a bit like Bermuda!) & maybe one day we can go there.
There are many lovely islands in the world but Mauritius has it all – beaches, climate, natural beauty, top class hotels but most importantly some of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet.
Thank you again Andrew for making our honeymoon so special.
With kindest regards & best wishes,
Jane & Steve xxx
Paul & Fiona xxx